National Advocacy Leadership Center (NALC)
What is NALC?
The National Advocacy Leadership Center (NALC) is an online training and professional development center designed to support you at every step of your victim advocacy career. Whether you are a recent college graduate or an experienced advocate seeking a new challenge, NALC offers a wide variety of development opportunities to meet the growing and diverse field of victim advocacy.
Join NOVA as a NOVA Premier Member and access all of NALC’s benefits, including innovative online trainings, professional development tips, networking opportunities, job listings, and updates on best practices unique to victim assistance providers and allied professionals who assist victims of crime.
Together with our NALC Partner Network, we invite you to join a growing movement of victim assistance providers, dedicated to promoting and advancing the professionalization of victim advocacy to enhance the quality of care provided to victims of crime.
If you are a non-member interested in attending a single training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NALC’s NEWEST INITIATIVE: The Campus Advocacy Training Academy
Read our Opinion piece by Executive Director, Chief Justice Richard Barajas (Ret.) and Education Director, Claire Ponder Selib, published in USA Today: Every Campus Rape Victim Needs an Advocate.
Who should join?
- Anyone interested in exploring a career in victim advocacy, criminal justice, military victim advocacy, mental health, social services, law enforcement, or other allied professions
- Professionals who requires flexible continuing education training hours in an easily accessible, on-line training classroom
- Seasoned professionals seeking best practices in victim advocacy, crisis response, and crime victim rights and services
- Victim assistance providers, or a other allied professionals, looking to expand their victim assistance network
- NOVA Victim Assistance Academy (NVAA) alumni interested in pursuing advanced training
Why should I join?
NOVA Premier Members enjoy all of the following NALC Membership Benefits:
- NOVA Premier Members-Only Website: Access on-line CEU trainings, the NALC Career Center, networking opportunities, and informative updates on dynamic changes in victim advocacy
- Free Admission to NALC’s Monthly Continuing Education (CEU) Webinars and Quarterly CEU Trainings for Victim Advocate Program Managers: Earn up to 24 CEU Credits per year which can be applied to National Advocate Credentialing Program (NACP)® and/or DoD Sexual Assault Advocate Certification Program (D-SAACP) renewal.
- The NALC’s Career Center: Career guidance, job listings and other essential information for new and seasoned victim assistance professionals
- NOVA’s E-Quarterly Membership Newsletter: Receive regular updates and other information on best practices, upcoming trainings and calls to action for victim assistance professionals
- Networking Opportunities: Attend Premier Member Only networking events at our Annual Training Event, among other events and opportunities.
- Discounted Registration Rates to NOVA Trainings: NOVA Premier Members enjoy reduced registration to NOVA’s Annual Conference, the NOVA Victim Assistance Academy (NVAA), and other NOVA Training Programs
Sample of NALC CEU Webinars:
How can I join?
NOVA Premier Membership
|NOVA Premier Membership**||$100|
|Senior/Student/U.S. Military/Volunteer Victim Advocate/NVAA Alumni
|Premier Life Membership||$700|
** NOVA offers a group discount of 20% to groups of five or more individuals of the same agency. Contact NALC for more information.
Questions? Check out our NALC FAQs or contact us directly for more information.