Help NOVA spread the word! On Tuesday November 28th, NOVA will participate in the global day of giving to raise awareness and critical fund in support of crime victims and survivors. #GivingTuesday is a campaign to add a new date to the national calendar that bring volunteerism and philanthrophy front and center during the holiday season. More than a date, it’s a call to action to give back and celebrate generosity.
How can you help?
- Are you a member, partner or supporter of NOVA? Email us a selfie and a message on “Why I support NOVA” for #GivingTuesday (email by November 27th and we’ll include you on our social media)
- Crowdrise for NOVA! Share NOVA’s #GivingTuesday Event on your social media sites
- Consider making an end-of-the-year donation to NOVA on #GivingTuesday. You can choose to make a one-time gift or set up monthly contributions
As the national leader in crime victim advocacy, NOVA is building a new future for victims and survivors of crime. Our vision starts with the fundamental question: How can we best support and empower victims, survivors and communities in the aftermath of a crime or traumatic event? Our answer drives NOVA’s goals:
- Ensure every victim and survivor has the right to receive professional victim advocacy services, including nonjudgmental support, information and resources in the aftermath of a crime
- Advocate for victims’ rights to be universally recognized and enforced across our country
- Support communities by training crisis response teams (CRTs) to deploy and support victims and survivors following mass casualties and natural disasters
- Build a national—and international movement—of professionally trained and credentialed victim advocates and crisis responders
Last year, NOVA’s unwavering commitment to crime victim advocacy had a profound impact—training over 6,000 crime victim advocates; offering critical information to over 10,000 victims and survivors of crime on our helpline; and deploying crisis response teams to victims and survivors in the aftermath of mass casualties. Next year, we will touch more lives with your support!