NACP application instructions for the U.S. Coast Guard
Please complete the NACP New Provisional application form
If you have at least 2 years of experience, you can apply for a higher level certification (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced). Please contact NOVA for assistance with the higher level applications (email@example.com, 703-535-6682)
- Contact Information (if possible, please use a personal email address and home mailing address)
- Payment information – indicate “CG contract”
- Enter the details of your 30 hour Coast Guard victim advocacy training
- Include a copy of your 30 hour Coast Guard victim advocacy training certificate
- Submit the transcript for 10 hours of OVC online training.
- For the remaining 10 hours, please complete 10 hours of OVC’s Victim Assistance Training Online (VAT). Any combination of the modules is acceptable, but they must add up to 10 hours. See below for the amount of time that will be awarded for each module. for assistance with the VAT, please contact OVC directly: https://www.ovcttac.gov/views/TrainingMaterials/dspOnline_VATOnline.cfm
Review and sign the Code of Professional Ethics
Please complete the Certifications page and have your Commander print his/her name and stamp the bottom. If you Commander does not have an official stamp, please complete the form in the presence of a Notary Public and have it notarized.