You can submit your application via email, fax, or snail mail:
510 King Street, Ste 424, Alexandria VA 22102
Choosing a Level:
There are 4 levels of NACP: Provisional, Basic, Intermediate, Advanced
The levels are based on experience and training
No experience in the field required, completion of a pre-approved training course required.
A minimum of 3900 hours (2 years) experience.
A minimum of 7800 hours (4 years) experience.
A minimum of 15,600 hours (8 years) experience.
Training Requirements: Please visit the Training Requirements page for details.
Choosing a Designation:
If you would like to be recognized for your work in a particular area of victim services, you can request one or multiple designations. Each designation requires training in that area. Please visit the Training Requirements page for details.
- Child Abuse Intervention Specialist
- Domestic Violence Intervention Specialist
- Drunk Driving Intervention Specialist
- Homicide Intervention Specialist
- Sexual Assault Intervention Specialist
- Program Management Specialist (i.e. for program managers, directors or administrators whose primary responsibility is the administration of a victim assistance program)
- Comprehensive Intervention Specialist – please choose this designation if you work with 3 or more of the above populations.
Provisional Application Fee: $70.00
Basic, Intermediate, Advanced Application Fee: $140.00
Renewal Fee: $100
Renewal Upgrade: $140.00
*Military Discounts Available (discount applies to all military victim advocates and civilian advocates providing advocacy services at or for any military installation).