Department of Defense Sexual Assault Response Coordinators (SARCs) and Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Victim Advocates (SAPR VAs) pursue certification through the DOD Sexual Assault Advocate Certification Program (D-SAACP).
View a sample DD Form 2950 (October 2012 version)
How do I apply for D-SAACP Certification?
• Visit the DoD Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office (SAPR) website to download D-SAACP Instructions and DD Form 2950 (updated October 2012).
• Review NOVA’s D-SAACP SARC Teleconference Slides (Slides 6-8 detail “Common Application Errors”) and D-SAACP Applicant FAQs to ensure you are submitting a complete and accurate application. NACP-Approved training list is here.
• Submit your application in time for the quarterly deadlines:
- 31 October
– 31 January
– 30 April
– 31 July
• You will receive an email notification confirming receipt of your application within one week of your submission. If you do not receive a confirmation email in that timeframe, please contact us. If no additional information is required, your application will be reviewed by our nationally-recognized Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) at the next quarterly review committee meeting. Within 120 days of receipt of application, you will receive notification of approved, rejected or request for more information.
How do I correct my incomplete application?
• Applicants who submit incomplete and/or invalid applications will be notified via email regarding their status. Please reply promptly to DSAACP-Followup@trynova.org with you corrected documents. You do not need to resubmit your entire application.
• If you are unsure why your application is incomplete, please start by checking all of the following:
- All contact information is complete on page 2 (including your phone and email); your application is signed; and each of the required documents listed at the bottom of page 2 are attached to your application.
- Review Slides 6 through 8 of the D-SAACP SARC Teleconference Slides and the D-SAACP Applicant FAQs to identify common application errors. Note that most applications are incomplete due to the Letters of Recommendation. Carefully review Slide 7 to ensure your Letters of Recommendation meet the rank requirements, the interview date(s) are completed, and you are submitting the correct pages for SARCs or SAPR VAs.
- Still have questions? Contact NOVA and we’ll help you! Phone: 703-535-6621 (M-F, 9-5 EST) or via email DSAACP-Followup@trynova.org.
Congratulations on taking the first step to becoming certified! Through D-SAACP, you will join a growing field of certified victim advocates who are trained and committed to upholding the highest standards for victim care. Thank you for your dedicated service and commitment to the professionalization of military sexual assault victim advocacy services.
Need more help?